August 11, 2011

Zeitgeist Bank Notes


Yesterday I started making these, Zeitgeist bank notes. Great fun. When folded and put on the ground it just looks like the real thing. The text is in Dutch with a quote from Henry Ford (the one about people not understanding the monetary system). Next it says "money rules the world, but who rules the money?" Followed by 'watch Zeitgeist Addendum and Zeitgeist Moving Forward.' Thought it was rather captivating so yesterday I printed out around 11 sheets and with some cutting you end up with 88 Z notes.

Naturally I immediately tested its effectiveness. Dropped one in my street and I think a neighbor further down the street picked it up and put it in his pocket. Maybe he was disappointed when he got home? Dropped around 3 of them in my city center this afternoon and when I checked later on only one was tossed away again further down the street. The others were missing. I must say that as a Zeitgeist supporter this method of promoting the movies and the movement is both comical and profound. Maybe I should start taping people who pick it up. Below is a sheet of Zeitgeist bank notes in English. (Click to enlarge.) Z notes rule!


No comments: