April 30, 2010

Gordon "Gekko" Brown

Today I watched British prime-minister Gordon Brown make a speech on television, they are having re-elections in the U.K. The thing that struck me is that he basically was saying: 'if you want someone reliable to handle the economy, vote for me because I've done it up to now.' Quite frankly, I'm getting sick and tired of this. Every channel you watch on tv or every newspaper you open is about "the economy," like that is the holiest institution of everything that exists in the Universe. Money clearly proceeds the needs of people, and where does it eventually end up? With the ones who made it in the first place.
People in the governments of the world are nothing but economic managers if you ask me. They are not there for the people, they are there for the money. Maybe Brown should change his last name in to 'Gekko.' That suits him much better and gives a more clearer indication what it is all about.

No comments: