September 25, 2012

Zeitgeist Window-farm


Some 10 days ago I visited a festival where the Zeitgeist Movement was present and doing its "business." Well, in this case there was a workshop 'window-farming' which is kind of an unusual set up. Plastic bottles are used which go into each other, the sides being cut open. You can put a potted plant in there and the whole system is watered by a small air pump. Liquid fertilizer is used to nourish the plants although I'm planning to do something with granulate fertilizer and see how that works. Haven't had time to build my own. Other repairs take precedent at the moment and I still have to figure out my own set up against the window frame. This is however a shiny example of what can be done at home and in cities. Vertical agriculture.


No comments: