October 9, 2010

Nasi A La Ed


Getting better at this. I recall that my mother was always able to make a fine rice meal, it was one of her best dishes and I was always looking forward to it. She got her recipe from an Indonesian neighbor who lived down the street. Now that she is gone I try to emulate that dish but it's still not as good as I remember. Ingredients; rice - which I cook for 10 minutes and than let it rest for another 10 minutes, meat (you can use chicken or pork) that you cook in olive oil until you get that 'golden' finish. Once the meat is ready you throw in the vegetables which can come in many varieties. Cook and stir that until it's done (usually it takes another 10 minutes), then throw in the rice again and stir it around for a minute. Oh and, I do add some spices and pre-baked onions. Yummy.

No comments: